We live in blasphemous times, when God’s holy name isn’t honored and is even used as a cuss word. Biblical scribes so honored His name that they would wash their hands before and after they wrote it, yet today it is so despised. Sinners try to justify blasphemy by saying that God’s name is “just a word” that they don’t even think about when they use. Their own mouth condemns them. His precious name rolls off their sinful tongue without a second thought, as though He didn’t exist. By giving it no honor, they certainly use His name “in vain.” Humanity may take the sin of blasphemy lightly, but God doesn’t. He gives it the death sentence.
Finalist, ECPA 2012 Christian Book Awards.
- Noah’s Ark: An overgrown houseboat?: Unlike many whimsical drawings that depict the Ark as some kind of overgr... bit.ly/1AryJai 2 years ago
- Joy for real.: When we rejoice because our names are written in heaven, we can have joy even though the fig tr... bit.ly/1xr3puu 2 years ago
- Reach one soul!: We are laboring together with God to build the everlasting house of the Lord, made up of the ... bit.ly/1AfgVza 2 years ago
- Crutch or Parachute?: I have lost count of how many times I have heard that Christianity is a crutch for weak-... bit.ly/1zT3GWu 2 years ago
- A long wait.: “Joseph, who was to be only a servant to Pharaoh, was preferred at thirty years old; but Moses, ... bit.ly/1GrkEvg 2 years ago