The Bible tells us that all things were made by God (see John 1:3), including dinosaurs. All land animals and humans were created on Day 6 (see v. 15; Gen. 1:24–31). In this passage, God speaks about a great creature called the behemoth. Some commentators think this was a hippopotamus. However, the hippo’s tail isn’t like a large tree, but a small twig. Following are the characteristics of this huge creature: It was the largest of all the land animals God made, was plant-eating (herbivorous), had great strength in its hips and thighs, and had a tail like a cedar. It had very strong bones, lived among the trees, drank massive amounts of water, and was not disturbed by a raging river. Such a powerful creature appears impervious to attack and unable to be snared—an apt description of a large dinosaur.
Finalist, ECPA 2012 Christian Book Awards.
- Noah’s Ark: An overgrown houseboat?: Unlike many whimsical drawings that depict the Ark as some kind of overgr... bit.ly/1AryJai 2 years ago
- Joy for real.: When we rejoice because our names are written in heaven, we can have joy even though the fig tr... bit.ly/1xr3puu 2 years ago
- Reach one soul!: We are laboring together with God to build the everlasting house of the Lord, made up of the ... bit.ly/1AfgVza 2 years ago
- Crutch or Parachute?: I have lost count of how many times I have heard that Christianity is a crutch for weak-... bit.ly/1zT3GWu 2 years ago
- A long wait.: “Joseph, who was to be only a servant to Pharaoh, was preferred at thirty years old; but Moses, ... bit.ly/1GrkEvg 2 years ago