Finalist, ECPA 2012 Christian Book Awards.
- Noah’s Ark: An overgrown houseboat?: Unlike many whimsical drawings that depict the Ark as some kind of overgr... bit.ly/1AryJai 2 years ago
- Joy for real.: When we rejoice because our names are written in heaven, we can have joy even though the fig tr... bit.ly/1xr3puu 2 years ago
- Reach one soul!: We are laboring together with God to build the everlasting house of the Lord, made up of the ... bit.ly/1AfgVza 2 years ago
- Crutch or Parachute?: I have lost count of how many times I have heard that Christianity is a crutch for weak-... bit.ly/1zT3GWu 2 years ago
- A long wait.: “Joseph, who was to be only a servant to Pharaoh, was preferred at thirty years old; but Moses, ... bit.ly/1GrkEvg 2 years ago
Author Archives: The Daily Evidence
“When I pastored a country church, a farmer didn’t like the sermons I preached on hell. He said, ‘Preach about the meek and lowly Jesus.’ I said, ‘That’s where I got my information about hell.’” Vance Havner Luke 3:17 His winnowing … Continue reading
His very omniscience is illogical. How can He be aware of every thought of every human heart at one time (see Psa. 139:1–10)? We struggle to entertain two thoughts at once. Neither is it logical that old movies invisibly and … Continue reading
Adam and Eve’s first sons, Cain and Abel, made a sacrifice to God. Cain, the farmer, made a grain offering and Abel, the rancher, made a lamb sacrifice. Cain’s offering was not acceptable to God and Abel’s was. Why? Only … Continue reading
The Ten Commandments have been put to death by many within the Church. Yet, the Law is the means by which God uncovers the treasures hidden in the field of this world. It is a tutor that brings men to … Continue reading
Never hesitate to use the Law of God as a great fire from heaven, as a terrible whirlwind (see 38:1,2), to show the sinner that though he may consider himself to be rich in this world, he has nothing. Time … Continue reading
“Our God is a consuming fire. He consumes pride, lust, materialism, and other sin.” Leonard Ravenhill Hebrews 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire. Get your own copy of The Evidence Bible.
It is true that the Bible says, “The wages of sin is death” (Rom. 6:23). Those who say such things are gambling the whole of their eternity on the meaning of one word: “death.” They assume it means the “termination of … Continue reading